Apps won't sync back 2nd Gen iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gunfighter6, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Gunfighter6 macrumors newbie

Please help,

My kid deleted some apps off of my wife's iTouch. She said that the apps are on the computer (she can see it under apps folder)...but they would not sync back to the iTouch after she hits the sync button.

Also, is there a way to protect the apps from getting deleted on the iTouch?

TIA

2. masterapple04 macrumors regular

The apps should sync back, so I'm not sure why iTunes wouldn't do that automatically. As for protecting apps, you're out of luck. Just keep the kid away fromt eh home button and those dangerous black X's and you'll be fine.

3. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

that was happening to my brothers 2G iPod Touch. i got apps for him off iTunes on the computer and they wouldnt sync to his iPod. if your iPod is jailbroken there is this app from Cydia called "Lockdown". it will password protect selected apps and there is a way to lock app deletion and lock app movement so they cant be deleted or moved unless you turn the feature off. this is what it looks like
    [​IMG]

4. DarkRyan323i macrumors member

When you plug in the touch, go to the Applications tab and make sure "Sync All Apps" is checked. When you delete apps from the iPod, it keeps them on the computer but unchecks them because they are no longer on the iPod.