App's wont update from phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blk00z28, Jun 2, 2013.

1. blk00z28 macrumors newbie

I don't have the issue of them being stuck in the download stage like a lot of people seem to have. They don't even make it that far. I'm using a jail broken 4s (I think, because its been a while. I used Absinthe to break it) running the 6.1.2.

I will go to the app store, click updates, it'll show the list(I currently have 18 app's needing an update) and I can click update all or do them individually. Then it will switch the button from "update" to "installing" and then it will basically cancel the update and show the "update" button again next to the app and never update any of them. Now the weird part is, some app's will actually update. But its so few of them I haven't kept track of which ones do. I just know 90% of my apps won't update. I can download new apps if I search and find an app I want. Or, if I delete a app and go to download it again I can do that fine.

Is the jail break causing this issue, or is it something else? It never did this before when I jail broke the phone originally. Its been the last month or so I noticed it's been doing this to me.

Any help would be appreciated. :cool:

2. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

How much space do you have on the phone?

I found that if there isn't enough space to download and install the app, it does what you say and doesn't tell you that your low on space.

3. blk00z28 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Have you tried updating apps in iTunes, connecting iPhone to iTunes and syncing?

5. blk00z28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that yesterday before I posted this thread. It showed a ton of apps needing to be updated at first. But when I tried to update them ITunes claimed I wasn't the owner of the software. I authorized iTunes again to my phone/computer, and then it showed only a few apps needing to be updated, like 4. Vs the 18 the phone claimed needing. Updated and synced. Figured maybe iTunes didn't see everything, so I transferred the recent purchase(I honestly dont think I had anything new) and did it again. But it said all apps up to date. Which makes me think its an iTunes issue. Or an issue with my iTunes account somehow. But I have no idea what to do to fix this.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Do you have pirated apps on your phone?

7. blk00z28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a lot of tweak's and things like that installed, with a few theme'ing files. But really the only "apps" per say I have that are not from the App Store are;
    BatteryDoc
    F.lux
    Sbsettings
    Cydia
    I blank
    Winter board
    Dream board
    And a sourced app for themes from Ithenesky that I used a few time months ago before this started happening. If I happened to have pirated apps(possibly hidden or turned off that I didn't notice by chance) how would I even know they are pirated?

----------

Ithemesky*

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

When I say pirated apps I'm referring to apps for the App Store that have been cracked and downloaded through a third party source on cydia

9. blk00z28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would have to say none then. Or at least none that I know of like that you mention.