Apps won't update/new apps won't download

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by disconap, Jul 5, 2014.

1. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Having this problem on both my iPad3 and my iPhone 5c. Been happening since the 7.1.2 update, but it was happening earlier in that day as well. I have auto-update set up on both, and whenever it tries to update, the app gets greyed out and then I get the ever popular "Unable to Download Apps" message. I've tried:

•Closing all apps (both)
    •resetting (both, holding down power and square until Apple sign)
    •resetting to factory (iPhone only, not bothering with iPad since it didn't work)
    •logging out and in of wifi and store accounts
    •attempting from 3g (iPhone only)
    •prayer

What's even more annoying is that the problem started the day of the new iOS update, but it started before I updated, and the update worked fine. Any ideas?

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

When you "restored from factory," did you restore from iCloud backup? That is known to also restore problems. Also, is it possible that you are out of storage?

3. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

No, I restored from my mac mini, and there was about 5gb of available space (13 now since I dumped all the video off it during the restore)...

4. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

I've had this issue before, coming from iOS 8 B1 and downgrading to iOS 7.1.1 and what resolved it restoring the iPhone and start all fresh without a back up.

The problem returned just now, last night I was messing around with downgrading and upgrade back and forth with iOS 7.1.1 - 7.1.2

I just tried a new method and it works 101%

1) Erase your iPhone
    2) Restore from a iCould Back Up while plugged in to your comp

Thank God I didn't have start all fresh again.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I have been noticing this as well, usually if I reboot my phone after I install the app they will be there.