Apps Won't Update or Allow Purchase on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lucindabsmith1, Aug 10, 2014.

1. lucindabsmith1 macrumors newbie

When I try to Update All In the App Store Icon or purchase an App from an outside source I get a Dialogue Box telling me that ANY APP I ALREADY HAVE ON MY PHONE was purchased in the MEXICAN STORE (??????)
    and that in order to purchase new Apps or update current ones I must SWITCH TO THE US APP STORE. (It does not tell me how to do this)! I have never BEEN to MEXICO; neither had my phone! None of the Apps are in Spanish. I am it's only user. What is going on? How can I fix it? I called Apple (in New Delhi - they had no idea but wanted more than the phone was worth to fix it)! Wassup???

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

You probably had your app store set to the wrong country by mistake. You can do one of two things:

- switch back to update the apps
    - repurchase the free apps from the US store

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

4. asriznet macrumors regular

I would update them 1 by 1 manually to find the culprit app that was downloaded from the Mexico store.

It might have been downloaded from a computer iTunes program(linked to a Mexico iTunes Store) then was sync to your phone.

if you still require that app, remove and redownload it from the US iTunes store(that is if it's available in the US iTunes Store catalogue)