Apps works with new mb,mbp sensors..are they safe ?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XheartcoreboyX, Jul 14, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

You know that the new Apple's notebooks have those light and motion sensors...some apps work with them..such as 'Slapbook''..and a big list of apps HERE... that some of them can be really useful or even ''cool''
    *Do you think its safe to install them on your mb,mbp?!
    would they screw up the sensors or be harmful for the whole notebook?
    tell me what you think!!?? :D :rolleyes:

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Well they might screw up your sensors if your rough for example slapbook if you repeatedly hit it really hard you might screw them up.

3. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

the slap thing sounds really bad for me wouldnt ever use it...but theres a software does the same job as slap book but works with the light sensor instead...you have to move your hand a little on the sensor(left speaker) and it changes the virtual desktop..its called Lilt..check it out! =D

4. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

I have noticed in development that applications that use the SeisMac engine to access the SMS will break it for that session *reboot* in certain cases.

But anything using the motion.c or UniMotion or AMSTracker has not been reported to cause any troubles at all and in theory should not interfere with any of the internal workings of the OS