Apps & your experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cakester, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Cakester macrumors regular

How have apps changed your iPhone experience?

I'm a non-iPhone user......soon to be. But I was curious at how much happier having apps have made your iphone exprience much better, or just a little bit?

Just curious as to everyone's feelings on apps. For some I'm sure it's the best thing since bluetooth, while for some it doesn't even rank.

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Without Apps, the iPhone would just be a very expensive iPod+phone. Apps, if you are persistent and patient enough to find the rights ones (the right ones for you), make the iPhone experience very awesome. Without the Apps, I would not have bought the iPhone and I still stand by this statement.

3. svndmvn Guest

As I read some time ago the App Store is iPhone's killer app..
    They can be both fun and useful, the best thing is you get them through iTunes so you don't have to spend hours looking for what you need on google and other sites. After a while I find myself using just a few of them and it still makes the iPhone unique, I guess.

4. Cakester thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I'm thinking....

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I think the iTunes way of looking for apps would cause a headache. There's just too much there. Sure, you can look at the most popular ones, but then you'll be missing out on some gems.

I guess I'm just a purist; I use appshopper.com. This way, nothing gets past me. You have to check it at least once a day though. Actually, it's more like a disease... ;)

6. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I agree. I just got the 16G 3G for Christmas and was considering the iTouch. I completely agree with the statements above. The iPhone is a combo of a cool phone, iPod, with txt messaging. The apps that I've found keep me tied to the phone more than any new electronics device than I've had since the iPod came out. I can play the apps for hours if I want or need to. The iPhone is the total combination which makes it the best choice for me.