Apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macgic, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Macgic macrumors 6502

I have been on vacation and didn't have internet....Did they release the SDK i keep reading stuff on it but can't figure out how to get it.....itunes tells me i have the latest version of 1.1.4....

2. elu macrumors newbie

SDK has been released. However, it is not a software/firmware upgrade. Check Apple ADC for SDK

3. Macgic thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Why would iTunes give you the SDK?

I'd check out:

www.apple.com

5. Macgic thread starter macrumors 6502

6. redbergy macrumors newbie

Developers can start developing Apps with the Software Development Kit (SDK) but they will not be able to distribute their Apps until late June when the 2.0 firmware comes out to coincide with the release of the App Store via iTunes.

7. Macgic thread starter macrumors 6502

8. cupofjoe macrumors regular

Do it already.

9. Macgic thread starter macrumors 6502

just a thought not sure if it'll work. But if everyone downloaded the SDK could developers put the code online so we could cut and paste??? Can't wait much longer....

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

That's what I was thinking. If you know the right people, you'd have all kinds of free apps just by downloading the SDK and loading them up yourself.

11. Macgic thread starter macrumors 6502

I bet plenty of developers would be willing to do so. Someone should just market the idea. I'd like to see Steve jobs face if it works...

12. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i had this idea and i made several threads about it but the admins kept deleting it. why not throw the code or the project folders up on a torrent and then everyone could download them to test them on the simulator, you couldnt put them on the phones but it would be cool to see some works in progress

13. uwguy macrumors newbie

As the previous response said, you would be able to run them in the simulator, but not on the phone itself. To be able to run the app on a phone, you would have to register for the iPhone Developer Program which would cost you a minimum of $99US. I think that most apps that you're going to put on the phone are going to be significantly cheaper than this, so it wouldn't make sense to pay that.