apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ManUtd4Life, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ManUtd4Life macrumors newbie

does any one know the app that was enabled to download during the 1.1.3/4 firmware where you can control music on a black screen by swiping to control volume or switch tracks. and if you shake it, it goes to shuffle mode. i forget what the name of that app was and i was also wondering if that app was in the appstore. if anyone noes wat im talkin about, then plz tell me.

2. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

all I know is apps were introduced on 2.0 NOT "1.1.3/4"

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

that would be PocketTouch, if your looking for a firmware 2.0 version it has not been released yet, a 6th beta was almost given out but there was a lil trouble with the system that expires the beta

apps have always been around, apps is the abbreviation referred to an application, and what are the programmes on 1.1.5 and below?........... yep u guessed it applications.

they are reffered to as apps because if you look in the applications folder on the touch all the applications end with .app

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

he's talking about jailbroken devices... duh.

5. ManUtd4Life thread starter macrumors newbie

Pocket Touch?

anyone noe if the pocket touch is out yet? i really dont like how i have to always look at where i have to touch to change the music or is there another app like it?