Appstatics! Follow your iPhone, iPad and Mac app Rankings!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by faik, Aug 20, 2011.

1. faik, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011

faik macrumors newbie

The best app to follow your app rankings!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/appstatics/id451725007?mt=8

Get frequently updated (currently 3 hours) rankings info for all your apps whether it is iPhone, iPad or Mac app, instantly.

Follow Popular apps section to discover best ranked apps worldwide categorized by their Release Dates as "This week", "This month" or "All time".

2. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

I can see quite a few developers who might like having this kind of app. I'm curious, how does the app gather the data from the App Store? I don't imagine that Apple has an API that they'd let you tap into to get the sales data in a nice, neat little package.

3. faik thread starter macrumors newbie

Data is gathered from iTunes RSS feeds. But this is not the sales data. Just app's top 300 rankings in any country.

AFAIK the only thing Apple does not allow is getting this data and parsing it from within the app. You have to collect all the data and need to provide it from your servers.

That is how all others doing it: PositionApp, Appannie, Appfigures...

There is also another source you can get this info and that is Enterprise Partner Feed provided by Apple. But that data is only updated once a day.

4. CarletonTorpin macrumors member

Thanks Faik,

Great information. I hope to someday be an official app developer and I'll definitely in the market for this app at that point.

5. faik thread starter macrumors newbie

Appstatics Special Offer: $4.99 →$1.99 (until Oct 1st). Discover best apps and track your iPhone, iPad and Mac apps rankings.

Follow us:
    http://www.twitter.com/appstatics