AppStore help

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wagwaan, May 22, 2014.

1. Wagwaan macrumors newbie

Is there no way to change App Store region without providing credit card . Whenever I try to change the country the none option is not there and I know for a.fact I used to change the country a few months ago on a regular basis so what's changed. It's left me very frustrated

2. iPhil, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014

iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

I just went US - Canada - US on the Mac App Store without swapping any credit pop-up window...

Use the Country Bubble Icon @ the Bottom right @ MAS... :eek:

Same for iTunes Music Store ... For iTunes Store Country change you need go Manage > Change Country > select Country.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

It's frustrating because it is difficult to do and it's difficult to do because Apple really doesn't want you to.

The above works though as I wanted to download an app that was only available on the Japanese iTunes store.

4. Wagwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi I tried doing it from my iohine but still same problem. Also I tried what u said through itunes in my laptop but still can't change. Maybe I'm missing something but can someone please give me step by step on how to change country would be much appreciated

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

It's only available in the Japanese store because of licensing. It's illegal... I think.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I think you're on to something as the last time after I switched back to the U.S. store (same computer, obviously) I received an email from Apple that, although somewhat cryptic was also accusatory and not wanting to play the iTunes-banned-me-game, complied and have not been back to the Japanese store since.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I believe they removed the ability to switch without a verification that you live there due to licensing issues. Folks that restrict apps etc to certain stores do it so only those residents can access it. Apple has to make sure they comply.

That said I wish there was a way to account for folks that are legal residents in more than one country. If I can supply a billing address with credit card etc for two plus countries why can't my one Apple ID access all those stores. And at the same time. I can't imagine they aren't using a single data base with country tags so setting up a filter wouldn't be that hard.

8. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Maybe due to restrictions applied only to a certain country you're switching to.
    I constantly switch between the US and Canadian store (both have Credit card information on them) never had a problem or asked to verify anything.

9. qweenapps macrumors member

Not sure to which store you want to switch and also maybe is not the best but maybe you could create a new account without credit card? I think you can do that for the US store for sure. Sign out from your current account just search a free app (be sure to be a free one) press to download then create an account. No credit card will be required.. Not totally what you wanted, but maybe it helps.

10. Wagwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I can create another account and register to another AppStore but why should I have to go through all that hassle including creating a new email when I didn't have to before. This is frustrating from apple and total ********