AppStore malfunctioning and showing older version

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Habbfreaky, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Habbfreaky, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

Habbfreaky macrumors newbie

After purchasing a new iPod touch 5, my friend has had difficulties with the AppStore. Right after setting it up, the AppStore showed the design of previous AppStore, not that of iOS6. The tabbar was scrambled, and sometimes he got the error: 'Your request produced an error. [newNullResponse]' and the connection with the iTunes Store has failed.

That resolved itself after a couple of days and showed the normal design of the iOS6 AppStore and functioned normally.

Yesterday, the problem reoccurred. It was showing the correct design, but Categories and Top 25 gave that same error message as before, and the tabbar became scrambled again.

Does anyone know a solution or has experienced the same problem and found out how to solve it?

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Hard reboot should solve it.

I wish I had the old AppStore layout, new one sucks.

3. Habbfreaky thread starter macrumors newbie

Sadly, that does not work. With hard reboot you mean holding down the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time, correct?

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Yes. Try to sign in and out of the AppStore.

5. Habbfreaky thread starter macrumors newbie

This problem is ocurring for several days now. Signing in and out, changing automatic time and date, rebooting, has all been tried but to no luck unfortunately...

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

AppStore malfunctioning and showing older version

In setting general then date and time, disable auto setting and change the year to 2015 or 2014. I saw that this worked for some people.

7. Habbfreaky thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I found that one too, with no luck.
    I have found multiple people now that have the exact same problem, also outside of Macrumors Forums. Still hoping someone has the answer.

8. Wr404 macrumors newbie

This is just a guess but have you got date right when my date is wrong on my ipod touch 4 it malfunctions