iPhone AppStore no longer prompts me for password?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tronic, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Jb 4S on 5.0.1. For some reason the AppStore forgets to ask me for my password when updating apps. (I know this is a feature of ios6). Instead it just closes the AppStore app and shows the download bar like its going to update but it just sits there until I do a hard reboot.

Any ideas?

Also sometimes I can only turn off my alarm with a hard reset bc the dismiss button is missing from the alert. I assume these are related problems but I have no idea what's causing them.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Could you provide us with a list of your installed jailbreak apps/tweaks so maybe we can help you narrow it down. In the end you might have to disable the tweaks (I know that sbsettings and springtomize 2 do this) or uninstall them one by one and see which is causing it.

3. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

I don't think its failing to ask for a password as much as its not even getting that far. It is supposed to boot you to the springboard and show the app, then prompt for a password. A clean install should fix it, something in your jailbreak scene is causing this.