AppStore not doing its job after installing Installous

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by fahdriyami, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fahdriyami macrumors newbie

Ok, so i know that after installing a cracked app, the AppStore will refuse to update it. However in my case, i installed a free App (Google Mobile App v0.6.0) from the AppStore, and now that a new version is out (v6.0.0.4416) only Installous shows it under Updates but the AppStore doesnt, even if i navigate to the application page which shows the latest version.
    This is the same with some other apps of mine such as Labyrinth 2 HD and Avatar. (Both purchased through the AppStore)
    I tried uninstalling Installous but nothing changes! My apps still remain outdatad and undetected by the AppStore.

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Since discussing stolen apps is not permitted here, you will have to looks elsewhere for help or sympathy.

3. fahdriyami thread starter macrumors newbie

Im sorry, Google Mobile App is a free application, how can it possibly be "stolen"? If youre referring to Installous, Cydia can also fall in its category for "stolen apps". I dont steal, i never have, i try before i buy, so unless you have a proper solution to the problem, just dont say anything.

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I've reported this thread. The rules are not up for debate, you know, the rules you agreed to when you joined this forum. Not surprising that someone who steals apps would act like the rules don't apply to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.