Appstore problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by noez92, Dec 11, 2013.

1. noez92 macrumors newbie

excuse me, sorry for my bad english.
    just want to ask why my appstore acting weird in ios 7 on my 4s?
    when there is an update, there is no badge in my appstore icon, so i never know there is an update until i open appstore manually. so i must open appstore and all the update showed up.
    on my 3gs with ios 6, every time there is an update, a red badge number showed beside appstore icon as usuall.
    maybe anybody can help me?

2. yzjustdatguy macrumors regular

yzjustdatguy

Try this: Settings > Notification Center > Look for "App Store" > Switch "badge app icon" on
    Hope that works for you

3. noez92 thread starter macrumors newbie

that option already switched on from the first time, i already checked it, any other sugestion?

4. hafr macrumors 68030

I had the same issue earlier... But! If you never open App Store, you will see the badge eventually. It just doesn't show up immediately.

I don't know if the badge showed up quicker in iOS 6, but it shows up in iOS 7 after a while.

5. noez92 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have an 10 december update and until now that not showed up, 2 days is too long i think. so i open appstore and 5 updates were available, oh man...

6. hafr macrumors 68030

Hm. Do you force close App Store via the multitasking bar?

7. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Do you have "automatic downloads" turned on? If so it will download the update by itself as soon as it is available. Then the badge will just disappear because the app has already been updated.

8. noez92 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i force closed it, but i already try running it at the background still not working.

no it already turned off, still no luck, i already search google and get so many issues like me in ios 4-5-6

----------

or there is a connection between apple id region? because my iphone was from malaysia and my apple id was indonesian

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My appstore icon never shows me when there is an update until I open the app. Sometimes it will just update in the background and show me in notification center.

10. kingdom23 macrumors regular

My app badge updates never shows up. I also have to manually open the App Store and then the badge appears with update number.