Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeAniel28

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
So i bought about 40$ worth of apps in the appstore US region now i want to switch back to my own region
can i still use those apps i purchased without any problems? ^_^

Thanks!

---

Because the gift card i purchased is USD, they told me i need a US account to use it. soo.. yeah

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yes, you still can use it and update it, as long as you have the app installed on your phone and never removes it.
Since iTunes 12.7 removes the ability to store ipa files locally in the library, you need other utilities to restore that feature.

Reactions: DeAniel28

DeAniel28

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Yes, you still can use it and update it, as long as you have the app installed on your phone and never removes it.
Since iTunes 12.7 removes the ability to store ipa files locally in the library, you need other utilities to restore that feature.

"iTunes 12.7 removes the ability to store ipa files locally in the library, you need other utilities to restore that feature." i don't get it XD can you elaborate?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
"iTunes 12.7 removes the ability to store ipa files locally in the library, you need other utilities to restore that feature." i don't get it XD can you elaborate?
Do you use iTunes 12.7 right now? If so, you can see there is no tab called “app” in iTunes anymore right? That’s what I am talking about. Btw, “tabs” is the button where you see “music”, “video”, next to back/forward button in iTunes.

DeAniel28

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Do you use iTunes 12.7 right now? If so, you can see there is no tab called “app” in iTunes anymore right? That’s what I am talking about. Btw, “tabs” is the button where you see “music”, “video”, next to back/forward button in iTunes.
no i don't mean itunes whatsoever i just want my apps, i mean like if i can update them even without in the US region ^_^

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.