Appstore Update Down?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iLeoMarc, Nov 7, 2008.

1. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

I just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems when checking for updates, both in the iPhone AppStore and in iTunes. The store itself is up, but the updates give me "Cannot connect to iTunes Store".

Thanks.

2. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

3. iLeoMarc thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for confirming, making sure it is not my end.

4. CommanderData macrumors regular

Yes, something's definitely up. I checked about 30-40 minutes ago and the App Store told me I had 10 updated. I installed one of them, and then got around to checking and installing more of them a few minutes ago and it now tells me "All apps are up to date" which I know is not true (especially since I never updated my lightsaber app to the "offical" one and it comes up in the list daily when I check) :)

5. papiti macrumors regular

papiti

App. update is down. MMMM, maybe their preparing for a 2.2 Update:eek::D:apple:

6. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

I thought the same thing after several attempts and getting the same 'cannot connect' error. Would definitely be a nice surprise if it is the case!

7. msimplicity macrumors newbie

The updates have been very funky lately. We submitted an update 2 weeks ago and it still has not been approved. Until now our updates have taken 4 days, 3 days, 7 days, and 24 hours respectively. I really wish Apple would iron out their issues and put some consistency in place.

8. Vedhead macrumors member

Vedhead

I was thinking the same thing...iTunes auto checked for update yesterday then scheduled the next update (check) for today...which usually (or at least sometimes) means something is coming!

9. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

yeah i had 7 updates this morning, left home and come back 2 find out that there are none

edit: i can confirm that manually updating apps worked (going to them in the app store and hitting Get App)