Appsync

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Reppindaburghh, May 3, 2010.

1. Reppindaburghh macrumors newbie

Wow, you guys are touchy. While this post had nothing to do with piracy I will edit it (No option to delete it?) and carry on.

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Isn't Install0us for pirating apps? If so, you're on the wrong forum.

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

This is like the 15th thread on this in 2 days. We WONT help you.

4. Reppindaburghh thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually I am trying to download free apps via Install0us, not paid apps. (Free as in they are also free in the app store.)

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Just out of curiousity- why don't you get them from the app store then? (Also, based on the other posts I've seen here today, appsync is not working for anyone on 3.1.3 yet)

6. Reppindaburghh thread starter macrumors newbie

I will I just wanted to make sure my jailbreak worked thoroughly and figured downloading an app that is free in the app store through Install0us and making sure it worked properly was a good way to make sure my jailbreak was fully successfull. Nowhere in any of my posts do you see me mention anything about piracy, I did not rip anybody off by downloading an already free app through another source.

Thanks anyway, i'll delete the post.

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Isn't install0us a jailbreak app anyway? So the fact that it runs at all should be enough. :p

Or if you have Cydia and you can run it then you'll know.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Boy, what a line of .......

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

LOL good one

Why not just install a free app?

If you dont want to pirate (which you clearly do) you wouldnt have Installous. :rolleyes:
    The OP is trying to take us for fools

10. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Why not download a free non-app store application to test it out?

11. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Yeah, because there are no free apps on Cydia. What a load.

12. Mike777 macrumors member

I first thought these forums would be allowing scum like that to thrive and be guided to piracy, but after reading the responses above, my respect for macrumors has soared!

Good, I'm glad we can have a culture of where jailbreaking is acceptable but piracy is completely unacceptable!

Pirates do nothing but ruin the party for thousands of developers breaking a sweat over their hard-crafted apps.

13. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

The community does a pretty decent job of policing its own. When that fails, the mods are pretty good at picking up the remainder. It's what makes this forum palatable. Some of the other forums that don't have this built in are repulsive.

14. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

If you guys are outraged, just report the posts; all this tsk-tsking brings nothing to the table. It's not like these posts are going to stop soon.

15. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Actually you are wrong. Had you been a member here for a while longer, you would have seen many such posters and threads of this type go "poof".

And we have has some classic ones get zapped. Always good for a smile when a "pirate goes overboard".

16. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I don't doubt they'll get zapped eventually, my point was that for now all you're doing is bumping them endlessly with the pitchfork-and-torch waving. More than once today I've seen you guys still going at it after the OP is long gone.

*shrug* Nice stab at my join date though. :)

17. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Though appsync and Instalous are used to instal pirated apps, they can be used for legal purposes as well. I downgraded my original iPhone to 2.2.1 because of one app that Apple turned down a 3.0 upgrade for. As you know, there are now tons of apps that only work on 3.1.2 or higher. I used installous to get those old versions of apps that I purchased way back when they worked on 2.2.1. I see nothing wrong with this. same can be done with free apps.

18. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

No stab intended. Join dates are in plain view, no reason whatsoever to repeat it. Sorry you took it that way.

And as we said, most of us are pretty passionate about paying developers for their work product. I am not ashamed nor timid about responding to those who take.

19. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

Just out of curiosity, what would a "partially successful" jailbreak look like?

20. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

:eek: 19 posts a day!!! Wow. :) I was like, March? But he has an Avatar... Welcome anyway. :)

21. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I'm a she, and yeah, I've been a little over-active due to iPad hysteria. :) (Actually, it's extremely unusual for me to hang around a particular forum this long--I have a lot of different interests. I'm semi-new to Apple products and culture, though, and there's a lot to absorb.)

I try not to post unless I have something useful to add or ask, but I am occasionally prone to forum policing (it's a nasty habit but one that is hard to break), and I type fast. :)

22. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

That's how I started, but when the iPhone 3G was being released. It's a very active forum so I've stayed a part of it unlike most other forums I join.