Appt. for replacement power adapter?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macfearless, Oct 30, 2008.

1. macfearless macrumors regular

First and foremost, i did a search for this already and a myriad of results came up. Now, does anyone know if you have to make an appt. with the apple store to get your replacement adapter for the recalled one? thanks.:)

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Did your search include calling your local Apple Store?

At an Apple Store mini, I exchanged my adapter while in an appointment to exchange my iPhone (light leaks). The iPhone was exchanged at the bar and another staff member exchanged my adapter, but we did the transaction away from the bar.

It seemed pretty casual and did not need an appointment. Also, the Apple site doesn't mention that an appointment is necessary.

http://www.apple.com/ca/support/usbadapter/exchangeprogram/

3. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

nope, i walked into the apple store with my GF held up the adapter to the closest guy in an orange shirt, he said find someone in a blue shirt. held up the adapter and asked if they could take care of it. They had a box full of new adapters sitting under the counter, he grabbed one, and made the switch. Total time spent was under two minutes. but i couldnt go to an apple store for that little of time. so i browsed the new macbooks/macbook pros/iPod nanos . . . it was nice.

4. macfearless thread starter macrumors regular

awesome, thanks guys. i have the day off (yay) so i'm heading over there in a bit. oh, and i didn't even think to call...:eek: