Apricorn Velocity Solo Pinwheeling and freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by albert1028, Jun 15, 2012.

1. albert1028 macrumors 6502

Hey All,

For those who ahve the apricorn velocity solo for mac. I was wondering if any of you have encountered pinwheeling awakening from sleep. It seems to freeze and i have to turn it off manually and restart the computer.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

2. saulinpa macrumors 6502

No problems here. Check the firmware of your drive. I used to get a lot of sleep before the firmware fix for my OWC drive.

3. robertogag, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012

robertogag macrumors newbie

Same here.....
    Besides slowing down the "write" 248MB/s (SATA2) - 199MB/s (Velocity) the fact that freezes "EVERY" time it comes back from sleep is unacceptable.

I have a new MacPro 2010 (I have it for 6 months) and the SSD has the latest firmware and NO PROBLEMS at all on SATA2

BTW: Read improves as specified 260MB/s(SATA2) - 390MB/s(Velocity). To have an objective review.... But again, the freezes are unacceptable ... "Of course"

4. K6-III macrumors newbie

Just got mine today. Seems to sleep and restore just fine on my Mac Pro 4.1 with 5.1 firmware and Samsung 830 128gb SSD.

I'll post if anything changes.

5. Pval macrumors newbie

6. TableSyrup macrumors 6502

Have in my 1,1 on SL and Lion, with Crucial M4 - I do not allow my machine to sleep, however, with that in mind, I am working flawlessly.

It is a production machine, and only on when being used for work, and sleep could interrupt important functions, so I don't let it.

I suppose I could try it just to see...