April 10 appointments for Try-Ons?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sap12690, Mar 9, 2015.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

So they said they would have in store previews starting April 10, by appointment...... When will we be able to actually set up an appointment to try on the watch? Can't find anything online.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I too would like to to know this as well... maybe I'll just wait for the release. I wonder how bad the delay will be once ordered. Hopefully not similar to the iPhone 6+ :eek:

3. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I just re watched that part of the keynote. Didn't hear anything about appointments. I don't know how this is going to be handled....

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i bet we'll see reports on the news of people trying it on then running off with it.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Though I'm sure someone will try, it'd be rather pointless because the watch has to be paired with an iPhone to take advantage of most of the features and I'm sure Apple has a kill switch/black list for devices that have been stolen.

At the most all they will end up with is just a watch, if not a paperweight.

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

a black list yes, no kill switch. they also never really said anything about the security of the device. doesn't really stop anyone from stealing one, updating their phone and pairing it to theirs with the app. from what we saw, theres no passcode to use the watch. you just tap it and start using.

7. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be surprised if these were just dummy units and not actual working devices. We just need to see how big they are, what they weigh, and which bands to buy...

8. puma1552 macrumors 601

So if you aren't trying one on, how are they going to be displayed? Just in a case with numerous combos where you can just look at them, but if you want to touch them you need an appointment? I didn't get to watch the keynote at work, so not sure if this has been addressed.

9. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

They said you get to try them on but they didn't indicate if there's an appointment system for it.

10. cleirac macrumors 6502

Probably, more staffs starting April 10 and first come, first serve.

I will be traveling on a place without an Apple Store. And I have to pre-order while I am there too. So I have to buy another iGadget unseen. Well, I know it will fit perfectly and will look great on me. :D

11. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

probably not. i worked the retail side and the genius bar.

people are 'zoned' for certain sections. iPhone, mac, iPod, accessories, so they'll probably just train the people zoned for the time and add another person. thats all. nothing complicated. now i hope they keep some kind of sanitation thing to wipe the bands. if not that would be nasty.

12. cleirac macrumors 6502

The AWE will only be available for sale and trying on at some luxury stores. Me thinks. Or per what I believe, I heard. :p

----------

Maybe, you are right, not that many will be interested anyway.

13. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

of course they will, its a new apple product, even people who won't buy it will want to see and try it anyway.

14. cleirac macrumors 6502

I forgot my /s hashtag bacause the naysayers say nobody is interested. :D

If most people coming are not really buying, they are going to be scared trying it on, especially the already fans - in the past, they were former curious non-fans who where just passing by to check what was the big deal with Apple ... the rest is history. Nobody will be able to resist the magic of the shiny and gorgeous Apple gadgets + now as fashion accessory, as well. You have been there and seen it. :p

15. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i won't buy it, i think its stupid anyway considering all its limitations and battery life, but i'll try it anyway just to see.

16. cleirac, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015

cleirac macrumors 6502

That's what they say with the iPhone. Their flip phones can do what the iPhones can. I do not need a watch. My iPhone is enough. Deja vu. Maybe not now ... :p

17. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i don't even wear watches, and i have some g-shocks/swiss army and one TAG that i wear rarely. don't care for it.