April 17 Launch of New Hardware

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nhurden, Apr 8, 2007.

1. nhurden macrumors newbie

On the Apple Australia Website, the education offer noted on the home page has a closing date of 16 April. This offer, relating to hardware purchases, is a hint towards new hardware on 16/17 April.

NAB?

2. civilizedrat macrumors regular

I love how we grasp at strands here.

What would happen if apple changed the color of their store for a day? Can you say cataclysm.

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

OMG The Apple store has changed colour?!?!

New Mac Pros tomorrow!!!!!:rolleyes:

4. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

5. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Exactly. Which means Apple will have it in their computers by June, at the earliest.

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

It was however announced the 4th of April as Centrino Pro.

It seems Apple are getting their hands on the newest hardware earlier than others ;)

7. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Many sources have offered speculation regarding a May date, however since Intel hasn't officially announced a date, there is no (official) "due date" for Santa Rosa's release.

Meanwhile: Rumors regarding several announcements in April by Intel re: new cpus have been floating around for a while. One mentions a possible announcement by Intel during it's Developer Forum, in Beijing (April 17-18).

So, anything is possible. Rumors about a new socket 775 quad (not what Apple currently uses) offering have been going around today. Personally, I think we'll likely hear of several new offerings from Intel during the coming few weeks. Hopefully, we'll also hear something from Apple as well. ;)

8. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I don't think so.

Unless it's a new Merom Mac Mini???

9. djkny macrumors 6502

MBP's with new LED's .. pul-l-ease! I can't justify dropping two grand on those unevenly lit, blotchy LCD's the MBP's have now.

10. iBunny macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa was announced Earlier this past week as the "Centrino Pro" Model.

Just because the "Santa Rosa" platform gets released on May 9th doesnt mean that apple has to wait? Im sure intel has already given them the product and Apple is building off it now... Maybe apple cant release its products Until May 9th, but that doesnt mean they dont have the stuff now.

11. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

WWDC. Wait and see!

12. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

And yet the mini is still CD, its ridiculous...

13. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

Please...new mini, new mini, new mini, c'mon, big money...papa needs a new mini!

14. civilizedrat macrumors regular

I have a great feeling that we're all going to be seriously disappointed at NAB and WWDC.

We're hoping for too much.

15. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

It's true. NAB will consist of SJ talking about how awesome the 8-core MP is, and WWDC will consist of Leopard, which will be a bad rip-off of Vista, iPhone release, and nothing else.

And half of the members of this forum will "disappear". The other half will mug SJ.

16. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

April 16th is the end of the mid-semester break of the 1st semester of the year at most Australian universities, pretty good time to end the back-to-uni buying season.

17. ahuman7341 macrumors regular

Because its just an iPod discount, it means all they are clearing out is iPods. Expect nothing more than a $50 price drop on iPod nanos, possible battery upgrades, maybe an orange version, or a 2GB shuffle. I personally think it's nothing, Apple will still be busy with their pro-related NAB announcements to update the iPods.

18. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Mhm. And if I remember correctly, at the end of last year, when the US had this offer, I, along with many other people, were expecting a full screen video iPod at MWSF. Didn't happen. Nothing will happen on, or near, the 16th, relating to iPods, or consumer classed computers.

19. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Oh, Erasmus, you troll, you! :D

20. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Ah, come on. I know you know it was a joke. But it does seem inevitable to me that when Leopard is released, people (Such as Bill Gates) will claim Leopard is a rip-off of Vista. I mean, we all have heard him by now claiming that a massive system destroying hacker hole gets discovered in OSX every single day. I mean, that man has no problems with telling blatant lies.

21. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

But of course, mate, as witnessed by my disgusting little emoticon (created no doubt by the same pommy bastards that gave us Hello Kitty).

Was trolling (sorry! TRYING!) to defuse another 300-post flame war amongst those what read but a single post and get their knickers in a wad. ;)

22. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Awww... Aren't you the good little Mac Rumours Demi-God! :p Troll vs Flamer wars are fun! :D Although it might not be too fun being on the Troll side...

I just can't wait to hear what Gates has to say about Leopard when it is released (please please please may Leopard be good when it is released so what he says doesn't actually end up being true!!! :eek:).

I wonder.... If we dug a big pit, and threw Jobs and Gates into it, who would win in a fight to the death? ;)

23. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i think it's possible for something to happen around NAB. not sure what, but i hope something.....

24. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

NAB...new iSight that works with USB and has an adpater to connect to an iPod to turn it into a home video/still camera ;)

25. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

will steve jobs even be giving the keynote at nab? has this been confirmed?