Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EightBitJoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2014
I am really excited about this year's April Fools day! do any of you have anything special planned? Practical jokes, yarns, goofs?

I know the MacRumors staff will be pointing out, as they do every year, that they will have none of that foolishness. But that doesn't mean you and I can't have fun! 🌟

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Companies doing april fools pranks seemed to have subsided, i.e., less and less are do it.

Its not really a thing where I live and as such its not a day that I particularly look forward too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
Not planned, but a prank I pulled on my SIL a few years ago.

She worked for a large metal fabricator as the office manager. So most of the workers were guys who drove pickup trucks. She drove a Mini.

Now if you have ever been around trucks, you might know that guys back into parking spaces because it is easier with trucks to back-in/pull out than the traditional way of parking. My SIL hated this. She would have to wait in the parking lot for someone to back in and it drove her nuts.

So I contacted the owner of the company and told him about my idea. He loved it.

So on April Fool's, he went to her to type up a memo that from this point forward, all vehicles must back in to parking spaces in company lots. 😂😂😂

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Not planned, but a prank I pulled on my SIL a few years ago.

She worked for a large metal fabricator as the office manager. So most of the workers were guys who drove pickup trucks. She drove a Mini.

Now if you have ever been around trucks, you might know that guys back into parking spaces because it is easier with trucks to back-in/pull out than the traditional way of parking. My SIL hated this. She would have to wait in the parking lot for someone to back in and it drove her nuts.

So I contacted the owner of the company and told him about my idea. He loved it.

So on April Fool's, he went to her to type up a memo that from this point forward, all vehicles must back in to parking spaces in company lots. 😂😂😂
We literally have to do that at work. Our landlord (who has the office next door) insists.

Reactions: Herdfan

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have never much cared for practical jokes, not even in primary school - there is a thin enough line between proverbial pranking and edging into bullying behaviour - and certainly not masquerading under the excuse offered by the traditions associated with of 1st April.

Last edited:
Reactions: maflynn and rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I have never much cared for practical jokes, - there is a thin enough line between proverbial pranking and edging into bullying behaviour - not even in primary school, and certainly not masquerading under the excuse offered by the traditions associated with of 1st April.
I don't care for them, either. I have always had trouble discerning what is a joke and what isn't, and April Fools just makes it worse.

I really hate to "ruin the fun," but it's just never been my thing. Plus, the pranks just get in the way of everything. I hate to be a ****, but can people just shut up and move on.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

abrasion

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2024
nope my immediate family either wouldn't get it because cultural difference or they are anal and it may become hostile sadly.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I was on a family trip to Las Vegas and took my daughter to Star Trek the Experience. I grabbed my daughter's phone and texts the Missus, "Daddy's in heaven.😭" My wife freaked out and wanted details. My daughter sent the Missus a video of me having the time of my life at the Klingon Encounter.🥳 She also ratted me out saying I sent the text.

I texted the Missus, "April Fool's" on account it happened on April 1st. My wife texted back, "What goes around comes around." This was several years ago. She hasn't pranked me. Every April 1st, I expect her to prank me, but the other shoe has yet to drop. I'm beginning to suspect her prank is letting me implode from trying not to get caught in her prank.🤔

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
My daughter and I prank each other all the time. But they are funny but harmless.

For example, when she was in college, she had no idea what her Netflix profile was going to be named. I would change it to random things or something like Go Study.

She in return would add her poppy songs to my ride play list. So imagine out in the woods in a SXS with your buddies and all of sudden some bubble gum pop song would come on and the guys were all looking at me like "you have THAT on your playlist"?. LOL

Reactions: Chuckeee

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
Two favorites:
Leaving a note on my boss's secretary's desk when she's out for lunch, saying, "Please call Mr. Lyon, (801) 555-2368", and she gets back, dials it and hears, "Hogle Zoo, how may I direct your call?"

Also enjoyed picking up a crudité tray from the grocer, then an empty "dozen" box from Dunkin Donuts, putting a Post-It inside the lid saying "Happy April 1st!", leaving it in the Break Room, then giggle when I hear all the expletives... :p

• Haha
Reactions: Herdfan

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
A couple of years ago, I sent an obviously fake email to my coworkers, announcing changes to the company's retirement plan, including investments in ridiculous ventures like companies that had just failed or had scandals in the news. Everyone enjoyed the carefully researched silliness. My April Fools jokes are always good humored, intended as fun surprises and never mean.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.