Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipad4-ios704

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2014
The Worst Mistake

I have own and used an IPAD4 jai.lbr.eak and loved it for months and years, however a foolish action by myself caused me to delete APT 0.7 Strict (lib) within cydia "update" tab because it was not finishing the install update.

After the steps to remove APT 0.7 Strict (lib) the ipad came back with a BLANK SCREEN. Now I can not access it. If I hold down the home I then get SIRI so it is on. I had a lock Password on it and Yes I know the password but I have a BLANK BLACK SCREEN.

I have to say I finally finish setup and all apps they were setup and into my many folders over two screen. so my ipad was at a happy place before this. Just how I wanted it :-(

SSH:
I have SSH installed but turn off when I go out or not using, so it is off I believe. i have used the following and was hoping to use to upload a fix, however think the SSH is turned OFF:
iFunBox
WinSCP
ifile
ifiles
GDrive/iExplorer

itunes:
Restore:: i was thinking about restore from my itunes but recently reloaded win7x64 a few days ago so did not sync with ipad. I have sync with icloud(backup) yesterday

Apple: IPAD4 (I own and have the receipt !!!!!)
IOS:; 7.0.4
Cydia Installed

I read some OUTSTANDING help by forum members at another post and hence the reason why my post here
https://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-1354722.html

Last edited:

ipad4-ios704

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2014
DFU was the answer.
a forced reboot. :)

now just have to reinstall cydia :)

easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy

Last edited:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
The newer Cydia and Cydia Translate need to be installed before installing the other Cydia support files - one of which is the file you had trouble with.

That is why your install didn't complete.

Edit: should read --> "installed or updated"

Last edited:

ipad4-ios704

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2014

ipad4-ios704

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2014
you can't jailbreak an ipad 4 on iOS 7.1.1

geeksn0w is only for the iphone 4

oh S.H.I.T. !!!!
i'm just looking at the new OS 7.1.1 now. I would have loved "loved" to have gotten your advice 10 minutes sooner .... : - ( at 7.1.1 now ... !!!! DAME

After many years with jailbreak iOS I'm stuck with crap from Mapple.

now what... I had a lovely OS 7.0.4 for about a years ..... loved it ... (sad)

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
How can I roll back to 7.0.4 ?

details or links ?

you can't, i wish we could to be honest but apple doesn't allow it

----------

oh S.H.I.T. !!!!
i'm just looking at the new OS 7.1.1 now. I would have loved "loved" to have gotten your advice 10 minutes sooner .... : - ( at 7.1.1 now ... !!!! DAME

After many years with jailbreak iOS I'm stuck with crap from Mapple.

now what... I had a lovely OS 7.0.4 for about a years ..... loved it ... (sad)

even the first link you posted said that
V0RUfsX.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.