Aptbackup 3.X compatible

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Enigmafan420, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Anyone know if you can use aptbackup with 3.X?

Once I FINALLY figured out how to use it in 2.X, it became a real time saver :)

2. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I have read many reports of people having lots and lots of trouble with appsync and aptbackup. After hearing such reports I deleted aptbackup...I keep notes and have emailed screenshots of the packages from cydia that I have installed. Its a slow way to recover but it's better than the alternative. :eek:

3. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I restored my iPhone on 3.0 using aptbackup and I can pretty much say that it bricked my 32GB 3GS. It would not restore and I had to get a replacement at Apple. Do not use aptbackup.

4. JokerNut macrumors newbie

I used aptbackup when I updated to 3.0.1 from 3.0 and it installed most of the cydia applications, but hid all the AppStore applications and I couldn't restore their icons. I had to restore the phone and install the cydia apps one by one.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I quite using this program due to problems and now use the program PkgBackup. However, you do have to pay a small fee for it. But well worth it to me. :cool:

6. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Does that program work very well? Im considering buying it before 3.1 comes out.

7. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I've used it twice on my 3GS with zero issues, works great! :)

8. Knolly macrumors 6502a

I've used AptBackup with 3.0 about 5 times... ONE of those times it caused the phone to not boot, and I had to put it into DFU mode and restore (this was also from using the backup from a different phone). So basically, it's certainly worth a shot, even if it's not foolproof.