Aquarium screensaver

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Just got that one Aquarium screensaver, the one where the fish swim and you here bubbles. Really nice, except for one thing. When the column of bubbles is turned on, I just see a white space where the bubbles would be animating at. And I know it's not specific to this computer alone, my dad put it on his iBook as well and samething. Is this just a bug in the software or what?

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
Hey, I also have an aquarimum software too.. Did you get Marine Aquarium?
If so, I had the same problem too, make sure you got the latest update from their website. It fixed my probs :)

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
Same, Same!

Update will fix it! My kids love it, they like to track the starfish.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I love that program too. I sometimes download the demo, go to prefs and press demo, then left it up. :p I'm thinking of finally giving them the money they deserve and get a full version so I don't have to go to the prefs to "demo" it every time.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Yes it is Marine Aquarium.

Exactly how do you update it? I see a button link for there website and updates in the Options window. Is that it?

Thanks again.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Raven VII said:
Here's the FAQ on the program. The very first question talks about your problem:

http://www.serenescreen.com/product/maquariumx/info/faq.php#faq5_797
Cool, thanks. Quick question: When I download the upgrade, how will it know I previously had the older version? In other words, could someone not buy the app, and download this update for free? Because when you download/install the update, the older version and it's prefrence files are trashed. Does that make sense?

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
tech4all said:
Cool, thanks. Quick question: When I download the upgrade, how will it know I previously had the older version? In other words, could someone not buy the app, and download this update for free? Because when you download/install the update, the older version and it's prefrence files are trashed. Does that make sense?
The program will ask for your keycode the first time you start up. Otherwise it'll enter into demo mode.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Keycode? I checked the CD and packaging, but I don't see a keycode anywhere. When I first installed it, it said it registered from a CD.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
tech4all said:
Keycode? I checked the CD and packaging, but I don't see a keycode anywhere. When I first installed it, it said it registered from a CD.
Have you registered the copy? If you did, then you should have the keycode. If you lost it, go to the site and request a forgotten keycode.

If you haven't, then seems you're screwed... Encore Software is no longer in business, and you can't register your copy anymore. I suggest you call them and see what they can do.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Raven VII said:
Have you registered the copy? If you did, then you should have the keycode. If you lost it, go to the site and request a forgotten keycode.

If you haven't, then seems you're screwed... Encore Software is no longer in business, and you can't register your copy anymore. I suggest you call them and see what they can do.
Oh wait hold on, I just read in the Register pane, it say's: When upgrades are available go to www.SereneScene.com. Your CD will serve as your Keycode.

So I guess I have to have the CD in during the download/upgrade....? Or it'll probably ask for the CD when I go into the System Prefrences > Screen Savers, it the CD is not in yet.

Thanks again for your help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.