Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Aquisition is going slow for some reason so i think i need a new program and not fussed about price i just want a good looking easy to use with lots of features program.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
mlMac is quite good. What's the other one called...DrumBeat. Shareware app, I've heard good things about that. I use Acqusition regularly - what are you downloading from? Check your speeds on a variety of files, from different people and servers. Might just be a poor connection.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
harveypooka said:
mlMac is quite good. What's the other one called...DrumBeat. Shareware app, I've heard good things about that. I use Acqusition regularly - what are you downloading from? Check your speeds on a variety of files, from different people and servers. Might just be a poor connection.
I try to search for anything and i get little to no results, and when I am downloading something it goes at 1kb a sec whil when i tried limewire last night (just to compare because i hate it) and poisond they bost were downloading at my actual speed

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
elisha cuthbert said:
I try to search for anything and i get little to no results, and when I am downloading something it goes at 1kb a sec whil when i tried limewire last night (just to compare because i hate it) and poisond they bost were downloading at my actual speed

Possibly a Firewall issue? Has it always been this way? If it has, maybe try emailing the Developer - I think he's called David Wanatabe.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
harveypooka said:
Possibly a Firewall issue? Has it always been this way? If it has, maybe try emailing the Developer - I think he's called David Wanatabe.
No it hasnt always been this way its only happened over the last month (and currently i have been downgraded to and old pc for a while, while my router gets fixed

LucianN

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2008
Hey rccola70, can you download programs or applications with any of those? my mac can't open anything from acquisition

SHADO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Beach
uTorrent for Mac and LimeWire. The only two P2P programs you'll ever need :) (and they're both free :p )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.