Ar your voicemails showing up late? (AT&T)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge171, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Edge171 macrumors member

This is getting out of hand with AT&T.

My voicemails sometimes do not show up for a day later...does anyone else seem to be having this problem??? :mad:

Sorry if this was posted b4...its too early for me to do a search....

2. Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

3. dave006 macrumors 68020

Wow you are lazy....:eek:

Visual Voicemail requires 3G or an EDGE data connection to deliver the voicemail messages to the phone so if you don't have 3G or EDGE data active because you have WiFi active to save battery or for some other reason, no Visual Voicemail for you. :)

Dave

4. Edge171 thread starter macrumors member

What are you talking about?? Obv. I have 3G on...Where in my post did you see WiFi??? Some1 is lazy and cant read!

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

Well the Thread Starter put (AT&T) in the title, as they were not too lazy to do anything, at least they got the Carrier correct.

What does T-Mobile have to do with receiving voicemail from AT&T? :(

Dave

6. Edge171 thread starter macrumors member

How on earth am I lazy?? I asked if your voicemails are showing up late...stop being a jack @$$

7. VforVelveta macrumors regular

VforVelveta

I actually just saw that happen for the first time last night. I got a call at about 5:30PM and when I woke up this morning the voicemail finally made it through.

And yes, I had EDGE/3G on....

8. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I've experienced this issue as well with AT&T. It typically happens to me when Someone calls and leaves a message when I don't have service. The message comes through usually when someone else calls and leaves a message. I'm in an area with service for the second call. It seems like it just gets "pushed" through by the second call.

9. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

What is it with this board and people trying to one up each other?

How does one turn off EDGE/3G while using WiFi? I didn't know it was possible. (I knew you could turn off 3G, but how do you disconnect from the EDGE network?)

I would call AT&T and have them reset your visual voicemail system. I've had this happen before and after they reset it, things worked like they were supposed to.

10. Edge171 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man..that was the NORMAL answer i was looking for..appreciate it!

11. iPegboy macrumors regular

i'm guessing they were calling you lazy because of this line -- you spent 20 minutes griping back and forth, and not searching for your answer.