Arabic response with Siri...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StarShot, Mar 2, 2017.

1. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

I have a Vodafone SIM card in my iPhone 5S during my traveling for a month in New Zealand. Works great and provides a hotspot for my other devices.

This phone is off the ATT grid since I don't use it in the US. I do have the ATT sim that I used to use on the phone. With the Vodafone sim or with the old ATT SIM card in the phone, I get ALL Siri responses in Arabic (voice and print).

I'm guessing when I return to the US in 2 weeks, I can "wipe" the phone and then restore it to the last back to the backup I made before leaving the US. Wondering if that is correct? Also wondering if I some how got the phone hacked to cause this problem? Any response would be welcome.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

Can't you just change the siri voice/print to your choosing? Or is the problem something else?

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Settings>Siri

You can change the language and the Siri voice there. You have to change the language first, then you'll have the choice of regional variants/dialects.

4. StarShot thread starter macrumors 6502

StarShot

Didn't know about that option! I must have inadvertently switched to Arabic. Just change it back to English.

Thanks a bunch! I thought I might have been hacked.