Arcade Games For iPads!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TrentS, Apr 11, 2012.

1. TrentS macrumors 6502

TrentS

Why hasn't anyone come out with the classic arcade game "StarGate" from Williams?! They came out with Defender, which is called "PlanetDefence" in the app store.

Others that need to be made.... Time Pilot '84, Centepede, Q-Bert, Boy and his Blob, Indiana Jones.

Oh, and that one game I can't ever remember the name of. It was like going thru a time warp tunnel, and you'd spin the ball around to circle the top of the tunnel, and try to shoot the weird inch worms climbing up the sides to get to you. And, of course, avoid the white spikes at all costs, or else! Anyone remember the name of this arcade game!?

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Check out the Atari app. It might have some on the games you're looking for.

3. bubbaguuump macrumors newbie

Cenitepede and Millipede are on IOS and the game with the tunnel & spikes is Tempest and it's on the Atari app :)

4. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Nice to have some old souls on here.
    The Atari app has Galaxy. And there's also Pacman. Still waiting for PitFall

5. TrentS, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

TrentS thread starter macrumors 6502

TrentS

Yallabian Guppies!!

Oh, come on now! None of you out there ever got wrapped in the joy and frustration that "StarGate" would dish out to you, every time you popped a quarter in the machine!? It was mezmerizing and hypnotizing, trying to pick up 4 of your men and "gunning it" for the Gate before the mutants attack you! Not to mention how insane it was when the Yallabian Guppies flocked all around you! That game was a RUSH, and you felt such famed accomplishment if you ever was fortunate enough to enter your name in the Number 1 slot in the top scores leaderboard!!

:p:cool::p

6. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Haha, that’s a good ol’ school game!

“I LIVE!!”

:D

7. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Tempest? One of my all time favourite arcade games. /downloads

I wouldn't mind seeing Tempest 2000 ported too.