Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kave

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
Sweden
Anyone getting Arcade on Apple TV?
I have installed the latest beta, I have Arcade on my iOS devices, but nothing in Apple TV.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
wondering if it will be available tomorrow with 13.1 and iPadOS
I’m hoping since they bumped up the release of 13.1 and iPadOS to tomorrow (from 9/30) that tvOS will come with it. Excited to play some games, with a controller, on the big screen!

TheScoot68

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2019
And disappointed. Controller lag, lack of game selection, some don’t support controller.... hardware refresh in October?

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
Apple Arcade is now definitely out for tvOS 13’s Golden Master. Just saw the below video on YouTube. I’ve bought a DualShock 4 v2 in preparation, but slightly concerned how these games will run on my Apple TV 4th Geneation with its slow A8. Definitely not going to upgrade to a 4K though so late in its product cycle. I’m particularly looking forward to Oceanhorn 2, Inmost and Beyond a Steel Sky.

Last edited:

Feenix

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2015
Apple Arcade is now definitely out for tvOS 13’s Golden Master. Just saw the below video on YouTube. I’ve bought a DualShock 4 v2 in preparation, but slightly concerned how these games will run on my Apple TV 4th Geneation with its slow A8. Definitely not going to upgrade to a 4K though so late in its product cycle. I’m particularly looking forward to Oceanhorn 2, Inmost and Beyond a Steel Sky.

I am really hopeful to get a breakdown of performance between the ATV HD (What I have) and the ATV4k. I will upgrade if the games do indeed run better, etc...

Anyone know, or seen anything?

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
Does anyone have any info on how Family Sharing works?

Can Family Sharing be used JUST for Apple Arcade or does family sharing automatically incorporate the other Apple services? I was hoping to use it just for Arcade...

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Does anyone have any info on how Family Sharing works?

Can Family Sharing be used JUST for Apple Arcade or does family sharing automatically incorporate the other Apple services? I was hoping to use it just for Arcade...

You can selectively share across these choices:
9AC9F4ED-1650-4DA5-8E21-578262FF9399.jpeg

Reactions: Coffee50

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
I am really hopeful to get a breakdown of performance between the ATV HD (What I have) and the ATV4k. I will upgrade if the games do indeed run better, etc...

Anyone know, or seen anything?

Playing Oceanhorn 2 on 4th Gen (HD) right now and it’s laggy as hell. Would definitely recommend the 4K with A10x for this game but I just can’t justify upgrading this late in its product cycle.

boomspot

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2018
Just paired my PS4 controller to 4K Atv and performance is super laggy to the point of being unplayable. Tried a few games and it’s glitchy with horrible frame rate. Controller barely responds. Anyone else have similar or better experiences?

Reactions: tonyr6

McPhallus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Just paired my PS4 controller to 4K Atv and performance is super laggy to the point of being unplayable. Tried a few games and it’s glitchy with horrible frame rate. Controller barely responds. Anyone else have similar or better experiences?

Tried it last night and I’m totally unimpressed. Even on Apple TV4K, performance in some games is sluggish, the Xbox one controller frequently needs to be reconnected, and there’s no easy way to quit back to the main screen.

I would think that the ATV would be the best platform for playing these games, but it only highlights the limitations of mobile games on a larger screen. I’ve had better experiences playing android TV games on my SHIELD TV.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Just want to echo the comments about crap performance/lag on ATV4k for games w/ controller.

This experience needs new hardware that's built to be a powerhouse for gaming.
Honestly, Apple should make their own controller and bundle it with a new high end ATV Gaming model.

But - please let someone other than Apple actually design the controller.

I fear an Apple designed one would be uncomfortable, "thin" and made of glass and steel thus needing a case to be functional and enjoyable. Sigh..

Reactions: tonyr6
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.