Arcam Music Boost

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by regor, Feb 19, 2016.

1. regor macrumors newbie

Anyone else using the Arcam Music Boost on their iPhone 6? Great device makes a real difference to music through your headphones. However I keep getting a message on my iPhone " this accessory is not supported by this device " . It works fine, extra battery life and DAC performance. This is NOT a 3rd party minor company making an iPhone add on product. Arcam make high end hifi products.

http://www.arcam.co.uk/musicboost.htm

Is it just Apple trying to lock out another company's product? Although supposed to be support by Apple.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's an authorised MFi product so it shouldn't be giving you that error message. Have you tried contacting Arcam?

3. regor thread starter macrumors newbie

Awaiting a reply from Arcam as well.

4. regor thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to my local Apple store. Explained my problem, they cleaned the lightning connection, headphone port. All working well now. Good match with my new Sennheiser head phones.

5. ashflixx.com macrumors newbie

ashflixx.com

On the subject of Musicboost, does anyone know how to remove the iPhone 6s from it once inserted? It is such a tight fit. I sometimes get the "This accessory is not supported by this device." although it seems to work fine. Great match with B&W P7

6. regor thread starter macrumors newbie