Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Okay, my iPhone was 1.1.2, jailbroken, and formerly bricked. I downgraded to 1.0.2 and revirginized over the weekend, but every single 1.1.1 file that I've tried to use to upgrade has failed with the ol' 0xE8000013. Can anyone link me to a working file or tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I just went through the nightmare of upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2.

MASSIVE NIGHTMARE...

When you load the new firmware - doesn't like the new baseband on it.

You will have to keep going to 1.1.2 unless you downgrade the baseband.

I used this site:

http://www.hackthatphone.com

When you update to 1.1.1, you will get an error, then use iNdependence to get it out of restore mode. Then jailbreak, unlock using the new anySIM for the 1.1.2 baseband, then download that okto program, then back up to 1.1.2 then jailbreak that.

I couldn't get the new jailbreak 1.1.2 to work - puts the iPhone into restore mode, so afterwards I had to use iNdependence. I loss the AppInstaller program... at least it's unlocked...

Once you go to 1.1.2, you have that baseband that won't work with 1.1.1 (I tried it) - you either have to downgrade the baseband (see what that site says) or go up to 1.1.2.

Have fun, or at least try...

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I use hackthatphone, too. Wonderful stuff, works like a charm. When I have the files. I just can't find a 1.1.1 file that will work at all. Otherwise I'd have installed, jailbroken, Okto-preped, and virgin 1.1.2'd my iPhone by now.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I figured out how to get AppTapp back on my computer via SSH:

http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iphone_apptapp_install_mac.html

Just reload 1.1.1 and make sure you are using iTunes 7.5. I used iTunes 7.5 on my Thinkpad. I purposely keep the last version on one of my machines just in case...

Tried to restore up to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2. Tried iTunes 7.5, 7.6. Tried with SIM in, tried without. Since you can downgrade from 1.1.3, I tried that... nothing. Now I'm stuck in 1.0.2 restore mode with no abilities. Help! I guess since it's unhacked, I could always take it to an Apple Store and tell them that it got stuck in restore mode and I can't upgrade to 1.1.3.

Better yet, just take it to an AT&T store and tell them that. What're the odds that they'd know anything about an iPhone (this is Nowhere, Indiana, near Ft. Wayne)? They'd probably either just fix it or give me a new one (and since they don't make 4GB anymore... I could get an 8GB!) :p

Wishful thinking from a pseudo-bricked iPhone user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.