Archery

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Feb 19, 2012.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Who does it? What do you use? You target practice? You hunt?

I have always been somewhat involved on a light basis but am wanting to get more into it. I currently have a Browning Ballistic compound bow from the early 2000s that has a pull of 65lbs (wears me out after a bit lol) and a draw of 30"

Anyways, post your bow!

On a side note, I think this would be a nice thread to share info on technique, part recommendations, what accessories you like, etc

Attached Files:

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Duke! I love archery. It was always one of my favorite things I did with my dad. There are not many places to do it here in the city, and I really miss it.

I used both regular and compound bows. I always wanted to try crossbow, but never got the chance.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Do you still partake though? I would hope Chicago would have indoor ranges at least!

What I like is the relative affordability of the sport as well as the emphasis on technique. I know other target practice, such as guns, it was not uncommon for me to be using 50cent and up rounds...yikes!

Yea, I would like to try a crossbow as well but first, I want to get my skillset pretty developed on the compound.

Another side note....anyone have recommendations on places to buy arrows from? I know I am looking to get some new ones as well as re-vane my current ones

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I honestly have been too busy with hockey to look into it. I would like to think that there are some indoor ranges.