Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I have recently got my first Mac, and as you may know AutoCAD dosnt work on Mac, so I downloaded a free trial of ArhchiCAD. I nned to draw a schematic layout of hot and cold water supply in a house for my college assingment

How do I use the line tool, but change the line colour... I have tried everything and even when it says the colour is blue, it still draws black

:mad: I might have to install windows to use AutoCad

... It's got to be in by Tuesday !

Thanks

NStocks

RM-Architect

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Double click on the line tool to open the tool settings window. Choose the pen for the line. Note that line weight and color are both set by your choice of pen.

Don't see the pen color you want? Go to options/ element attributes/ pens & colors to modify a color or chose a different pen set.

The line is colored on the screen but black when you print it? In the print command, choose the ArchiCAD settings, and make sure Black and White is not checked.

Lines don't show up in the 3D window, because they are not 3D elements. There are 3D pipe elements in the ArchiCAD library that you could use.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Great, that worked, do you know if there are any water elements in the library, such as stopcock symbols?

Thanks

NStocks

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
Printing

Ok, all my work is now completed, but how do I print it so that it all goes onto 1 page. ( I have 2 separate project but in 2 separate files, but need to print them both onto A4 paper, a project on each page, so far it keeps wanting to print over 4 pages ).

Edit : I can scales it down, but it also prints the elvation details i.e. North Elevation, how do I take that off ? And is there anyway that I can make all the text bigger without changing each text box ?

Thank You

NStocks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.