Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coventry5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I have old drawings on an old power mac 8500 which I wanted to retrieve.
All went well until I got messages about missing job baggages !
Does anyone know how to replace job baggages in ARCHITRION?
Does anyone know what a job baggage is?
I have re installed original software but get the same message-weird!
I no longer have the manual so I am stuck.

ThaneDP

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Late, but I hope this might help you.

Job Baggage was a settings file used by Architrion.

Architrion starts by comparing a softkey in Job Baggage (your unique registration) against a ADB hardware dongle (Rainbow or others) or it won't start the ArchiDraw 2d or ArchiDesign 3D components. I must use an ADB to USB dongle for my dongle. Dongles are evil.

Even if you had the job baggage, you would still need the corresponding dongle.

If you just want to get at the 2d CAD data, open the translator, it doesn't require job baggage or dongle to open your Architrion file and save it out as DXF for import into another cad package.

Dongles are evil.

bilge17

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Architrion recovery

Coventry5, I know what you are dealing with. I have worked in Archi 5.8 for 10 years before moving to Revit. I am very familiar with job baggage and opening the files.
I still have two dongles/keys on old G4's. If there is something you would like recovered, we could work out a dropbox or FTP and I'll convert them to AutoCAD for a fee. Wish i had more details on where to get a key and dongle, but they are almost impossible to get. I paid $5000 for my two dongles.

bilge17

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Typical, DRM screwing over a legit, legal user.

Find a crack/serial/etc for it. You bought it, you deserve to be allowed to use it.

I tried getting a crack, dongle emulator, even contacting Rainbow to get a replacement dongle and key code. Even if i knew my Key CNI code, they would not give me a dongle for anything. I had to buy mine directly from France ($2500/ea) where they are still archiving the Archi 5.8 and now developing BOA.

albertobzz

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2013
I tried getting a crack, dongle emulator, even contacting Rainbow to get a replacement dongle and key code. Even if i knew my Key CNI code, they would not give me a dongle for anything. I had to buy mine directly from France ($2500/ea) where they are still archiving the Archi 5.8 and now developing BOA.

BOA is the best solution for a continuity with the old Architrion 5.8 for its capability of acquisition and translation of old files. However, it isn't an Architrion 5.8 upgrade or development and BOA-Research society hasn't commercial competence for Architrion 5.8 (I know it isn't owner of this software code), so it hasn't any kind of obligation in the regards of Architrion 5.8 clients.

Infobauds

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2016
Belgium
[doublepost=1460472203][/doublepost]You can see my website www.infobauds.be and contact me because I can help you to find a dongle with 5.8 and 6.4.3 codes.

hwilkoff

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2022
Closing down my architectural office now that I am retiring, and found 3 Architrion II Dongles!

If anyone is interested in them, let me know.

Reactions: Raging Dufus

Gabgam

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2024
Hello,

If you still have dongles that look like the attached pic, I would be interested. Let me know if you still have any and what you want fro each.

Thanks

Gabgam

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2024

Attachments

• 20240101_092650.jpg
    20240101_092650.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240101_092650.jpg
    20240101_092650.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 18
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.