Archive AND delete email

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by colinet, Feb 2, 2010.

1. colinet macrumors 6502

I want to take a lot of old emails from Apple Mail, specify a certain date and then archive them. Fine, I can do that with MailStewardPro. BUT I can't see the point of that unless I can then delete all the original emails from Mail afterwards. The whole point is to make Mail sleeker and faster.

MailStewardPro won't delete the originals - the narrator in one of their videos says as much. Neither will MailArchiver. There must be a simple way to do this.

Anyone?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't know of anything that archives and deletes automatically.

3. colinet thread starter macrumors 6502

It doesn't have to be one single program, though I can't see the point of archiving mail if you can't then delete it. You might as well just do a back up.

I'd be quite happy to have take more than one step to get there, but not anything as complicated as using terminal!

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why dont you create a local mailbox, sort by date, drag the messages you want to archive into the mailbox, archive, then delete?

5. colinet thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I could do that, if I had about a day to spare!!

I set up a rule to move all emails before a specific date into a folder called ARCHIVE, but guess what, Mail refused to move some of them - no reason except 'due to an error' I love Macs. I have 5 of them, but some of the software is ****.

I just want something simple to solve the problem.

6. colinet thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't realise this site was so uptight that the word ess aitch ai tee would be replace with ****. How pathetic and rather sad. Glad I live in Australia - you know that forgotten place far from anywhere where the sun shines a lot and our recession was tiny and terrorists can't be bother to come to.