Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
Hi. I know this has probably been ask a lot but I am currently doing an archive andinstall of leopard and want to know how to reload all my iPhoto and iTunes and third party apps via the archive and time machine. Please help asap
thanks
Brent

brentg33

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2007
ok thanks. Is it any different than the regular upgrade? And what do I donwith the previous system folder
thanks

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
ok thanks. Is it any different than the regular upgrade? And what do I donwith the previous system folder
thanks

Upgrade installs updates into your system folder, Archive & Install moves your current System folder to Previous System Folder and then creates a new System folder.

Once you are convinced that everything is working ok then you can delete the Previous System folder.

mojohojo

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2006
similar to OP question:

is doing a archive and install exactly the same as clean install except keeping your files/users?
i rather do a clean install having a fresh start so hopefully it will start up quicker, however i rather have my user/profile, mail, internet settings kept.

so is doing an archive install pretty much same as wiping out all the files, except reserving your settings?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.