Archive and Restall OS X Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 10th Wonder, Sep 26, 2007.

1. 10th Wonder macrumors regular

Ever since i renamed my user folder and renamed it back to my original name that it once was. Now it says that keychain can't store the passwords no more. I also lost EVERYSINGLE bookmark in my safari that i had and now I can't remember some of the important ones i had be4.

Next I am thinking that I gonna have to archive and reinstall the computer now. I have alot of music, some movies and i don't have any ext. HDD to back up any of this. But be4 i do anyting stupid I wonder if i can just restall the the Tiger with all my files being saved and have all the major components rewritten? If not it looks like I will have to get a external HD and do it the real way 1st. Any advice is helpful.. thanks

2. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Do you still have a bookmarks folder for Safari?

It's in /Users/Name/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari

3. 10th Wonder thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, I didn't check since I was getting frustrated and just rebooted the whole OSX. It's not like all my sites are hard to find it was more of a pain to find thme all. Everything is working fine now, which is a good thing. I am planning to get an Ext. HD for when Leopard comes and do a clean install with that OSX