Archive problem

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by theslaz, Feb 17, 2013.

1. theslaz macrumors 6502

I have downloaded a program that is broken down into 12 zip files. What I want to do of course is unzip these files so that I theoretically have a working program file. When I select all the 12 zip files and hit extract; what happens is that the archive utility extracts the zip files into 12 separate folders; each folder containing one zipped file. Than what I have to do; is copy each zipped file from these 12 folders; place all 12 files into a folder of its own; and than extract these files in order to get my program file. There has got to be a better and easier way to do this!
    I have tried Unarchiver; Archive Utility; Rare Expander; Betterzip and Stuffit. They all do the same.

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Chances are that the archive has not been created in the way that you expect. Do all the pieces work when fully extracted?
    You might need to contact whoever zipped them. Alternatively, investigate the command line zip utility (gzip) and see if you can force the joining together.

Are you likely to need to do this again? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it, and just create your own archive of the program, using zip or .dmg.