Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gregdanielsykes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Hello,

I recently switched my email to the @me.com offered through the new iCloud services from Gmail. I'm afraid this may have been a mistake, as I've recently run into a lot of problems, and it just doesn't seem to be as good as Gmail. For instance, on my iPhone before, under Gmail, there was a button to archive mail, but now it's just the trash can. I NEVER delete my emails, who knows if I will need it again (and I always do, ha ha). Does anyone know if there's a way to change that delete button to an archive button, so it goes to the iCloud Mail's Archive folder? For now, I've just been clicking the move message button and placing it manually in the Archive folder, but I really miss the way it was when I was using Gmail through Mail on the iPhone and could archive with a hit of a button.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Thanks,
Greg

mjo404

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Settings - Mail, Calendar, Contacts - select iCloud account - select "Account ...@me.com" - Advanced Mail - Turn on Archive Messages

This will bring the archive button back.

gregdanielsykes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Thank you so much!!!! :)

Greg

I'll try it out soon!

----------

It worked! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha! Great!

Greg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.