archiving movie DVD's with MacDVDRipper Pro best settings

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I just got this program in a bundle of mac apps. I looked at the website, & am still a little unsure of what would be the best settings.

I want to archive my DVD's, home made movies, & commercial DVD's onto a hard drive, with all the extras & content, like menus etc.

I would like them burned in a universal format so I could burn them to a blank DVD - should the originals get lost. Where I could burn to a blank disc on either a mac or pc, the whole movie like the original.

In the dropdown there is; all videos, menus & bonuses, full disc image, full disc image & burn copy, main movie only, & rip & convert.

can this program compensate for a DVD with scratches? how do I know that it makes a clean copy? will it warn me if a DVD has skips in it?

2. kirsch92 macrumors member

Full disc image will give you a 1:1 copy as an .iso file that you can burn to disc later.

It can compensate for scratches to some extent, but if they are really bad, you will see it in your copy too.

Either it will stop or get stuck ripping because it can't read a portion, or you might tranfer it to the copy, and you will only know by watching that part of the movie.