Archos 5

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mexxx, Sep 15, 2009.

1. mexxx macrumors newbie

well i came across this from another thread, and this is looking freaking sweet.. its bigass hell with storage 9not like i'll ever use it) but it doesnt look big at all... what are your guys though on this vs the ipod touch 3rd gen 32gigs.
    heres the link to the archos 5. im really trying to decide.. i think zune hd is out of the question now.. i did want something sleek at first.. and this doesnt seem big at all. or at least not as big.
    http://www.archos.com/products/imt/archos_5/index.html?country=us&lang=en

2. mexxx thread starter macrumors newbie

nvm on this... read reviews and mre than 1/2 of the customers complained about the lack of customer service and quality of the product.. i guess it just seemed to good to be true.

3. budkid macrumors regular

I had an Archos 604 Wifi before I switched over to a 2g touch. I did not like the archos because I had to pay $250 for it, then pay for the plugins that unlock certain videos and music files. The opera browser was not that great. The touchpad was nothing like the touch. Well, the new Archos may have changed.

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I was pondering buying an ArchosTV product Nd hung out in a forum a bit to get a feel for the company & product. I can dig up that link if you want. Lots of archos fans (and not)!!

I opted to not get that device and haven't been back since. I agree they didn't seem strong in the customer service area at times. And features were all extra money.

But if the product fits you needs go for it!