Archos vs nokia n810 vs Assus Eeepc etc.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mtnbikerva1, Nov 27, 2007.

1. mtnbikerva1 macrumors member

Do you folks have any experience with these hardware usage good and bad Availibility of software?
    I would like to buy another Mac but can not afford it now. Probably the biggest thing I do is e-mail and research the internet. I also listen to talk shows and watch some free tv over the net. It might also be good if I could use it for Resume stuff also. FM/AM radio might be nice. I may find other uses for these devices but right now that is my main usage. Any wisdom or ideas appreciated! Thank you.

2. mtnbikerva1 thread starter macrumors member

Also The n810 has GPS how well does it work?

Does it work well for driving directions? Hiking? Mac compatible?

3. pjo macrumors regular

The edit feature

of this board could easily merge both your posts into one

well, this is not exactly the best place to find reviews of most non - mac hardware; however, IIRC the nokia n810 runs linux, the archos depends on which one and no idea about the assus eepc. check for reviews on cnet et al. In either case, the availability of software depends largely on the OS they're running.

Depending on where you're going hiking, you may find tablets a bit fragile. Also, I'm not sure if Nokia's map application runs on the n810 and how good for driving directions it is.