ARD Advice

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by t11chb, Apr 25, 2009.

1. t11chb macrumors member

Thanks in advance for help on this. ;)

I'm currently in the UK & support a machine in the US and have had some problems connecting via ARD, but problem disappears when you DMZ that machine.

The problem i now have is another machine has been added to the network and i simply cannot connect to that machine. Everything on it is setup ok, when i try to add the IP to ARD, it accepts it but removes the IP from the other machine.

Your help is much appreciated.

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Have you got the standard firewall and ipfw (port 5900, I think) set up to allow remote connections? Have you got the right username and password in ARD? Are those login credentials set up on the remote machine to allow full ARD access?

3. t11chb thread starter macrumors member

ARD Advice

I cant disable the Router firewall, but have added the port range 5900-5908.
    All credentials are ok. This machine would connect fine when i was in that house on that network.

The machine that does work has DMZ enabled on router as it seemed to be the only way i could get it to work.

I'll try changing DMZ to machine i cant get to work and if it does i'll know to persist with trying to forward ports, although it is already done