Are 3g Ringtones louder than 2g Ringtones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warburg, May 22, 2009.

1. warburg macrumors 6502

I have a 2G iphone which generally serves my needs well enough, with one exception. The ringtones (including the musical ringtones I've downloaded) are, at their loudest, often insufficient for me to hear them (I'm 78 years old). I've been told that the ringtones are much louder on the 3G phone. Is this true? I realize that this would not be an adequate reason for most people to buy a new phone, but for me it would be a considerable advantage.

2. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

3. fratboy macrumors regular

100% yes 3G has a MUCH MUCH better speaker in it.. 2g is super quiet compaired the the 3g ..

4. grantrobarts macrumors member

Maybe it's just me, but I have noticed a big loss in sound since I have had my 3G the past 6 months.

5. warburg thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks very much. I think I'll get a 3G. It might seem foolish to some people, but for me this is a great advantage. :)

6. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Its not foolish at all. You have your own needs and you need a phone that tailors to them. I had a 3g for a few weeks and the volume is pretty loud. It woke me up in the mornings and ringtones were loud and clear. However, when you watch youtube videos, and you turn up the volume all the way, you may hear some distortion. I guess its because the sound quality isnt that great on youtube.

7. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

That's not foolish, you get what's right for you not for nobody else. I love my 3G and yes the ringtones are loud, sometimes I have to turn my ringer down, mainly when I'm at work.