Are all 3Gs's unlockable?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dumbledorelives, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I'm considering an iPhone 3GS to buy (to hold me over until the iPhone 5), but I currently have service with T-Mobile. The owner said he updated the iOS to the lastest version (4.3.3) when he restored it. Is whatever baseband comes with 4.3.3 upgradeable to 6.15.00 and then ultrasn0wable, like they have been in the past? Thanks for your help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, but if you install the ipad bb to unlock then you will lose your GPS function and will have other issues down the road also.
    Up to you.

3. Dumbledorelives thread starter macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I don't care too much about GPS, I use it...never. What sort of issues, though?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You wont be able to restore or upgrade to official firmware down the road.
    You can only restore it to custom JB ipsw's.

5. Dumbledorelives thread starter macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

Hmmm...well, thank you. You've been very helpful. I thinkkk I'll go for it anyway - I really need a phone. It's just got to last through the summer anyway - and iOS 5 isn't due to be released until the fall. I think I should be good.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, and hopefully be then the Dev team finds a way to reverse the ipad bb and provide and unlock without the issues the baseband 06.15.00 brings.
    If you get it for a decent price go for it.