Are all bumpers created equal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jpetticrew, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I had the black bumper and I am disappointed in the quality. It never seemed to fit correctly. The sides and top slid around and the lock button rattled sometimes.

What I'd like to know is if all the bumpers are like that, or if the black just happens to be flimsier because of its' color. I like the blue/white ones, and I'm hoping one of those might be a little bit more solid.

Thanks

2. Drlyman macrumors newbie

FWIW, I have a black one and it's nice and tight. No problems with fit at all.

3. Macmar88 macrumors member

My black bumper is perfect. My girlfriend just got her pink on and it's defiantly worst quality. Granted it feels better, but the fit is very loose feeling. I'm thinking about going to apple to get a exchange.

4. modest serving macrumors member

5. Atenza6 macrumors member

Black is different

I have the black bumper and my girlfriend has the white one. The black one that I have is more rubbery and tacky/stickier. Her white one is tighter and smoother/slippery. When I squeeze my bumper it makes a popping noise from the sides. Her white one does not make any noise when I squeeze it. I am starting to wish that I had her white bumper instead of my black one because hers fits into my ipocket wallet easier due to the smoother texture of her case.

6. willmiz macrumors member

To me it sounds like people who recently received their bumpers (myself included) have had better experience than those who purchased them earlier on.

7. fender57 macrumors 6502

I have a black one and a green one. I bought the black one first. It is a tighter fit and does not have any rattle problems from the button. The green one is looser and rattles a little when shaken - not a huge deal. The black one is tackier and is the one I am currently using. I still would like a white bumper and will pick one up as soon as the Apple Stores start to stock them up around here.

8. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Not all. My pink bumper was ordered on launch day and I had it here before the end of June. Fits snug, no rattles, creaks, or other problems. Plenty of others with early ones report the same...and plenty report problems no matter when they received them. I think rather than improvements being seen over time, we're just seeing some poor quality control overall, with some folks getting great ones and others having issues.

9. OC513 macrumors 6502

Got mine last week and it couldnt fit any better.....tight all the way around, buttons work perfectly.....it's almost like it was made for the phone :p

10. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I've had 2. The first one fit tight and the second one is definitely loose. Sucks :(

Can I exchange it?

11. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I've been wanting a white one for some time, so I'm going to wait until my Apple Store gets one in and I'll give them one more chance.