are all replacements bad?! (exageration)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, Jul 17, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

Hey guys, so my iphone that i bought on the 11th has a couple of dead pixels and light emitting from the left chrome bezel (something i have heard is a fairly widespread issue) I'm getting my invisible shield tomm and decided to wait to replace the current one till the shield comes so that i can start with a clean slate with the new phone so there aren't any scratches or anything. anyway I have been reading on here that everyone (seems) to be having problems with their replacements and just get more issues... I can live with the current problems, so i'm worried that i will get a replacements with worse problems... so i would just like to hear that some people got good replacements! thanks!

2. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

There was only one time I needed to have my 1st Iphone replaced, and it worked great. But, I cannot speak for a 3g replacement, I would assume that it would be fine as well. Its just the luck of the draw.

3. showtime macrumors 6502

Since the phones are opened in the store can't you just inspect the phone for any major flaws before leaving the store? That would save you a lot of time and effort and apple may be more willing to exchange it for you knowing you couldn't have done anything to it.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Always remember the number one rule of forums: the loudest people are those with problems.

That's not to say these people shouldn't be vocal, but they are motivated to be so, and people with no problems tend not to make a big stink about everything being fine. So chances are, the replacement you get will be fine.

In any case, if you have an iPhone with problems, then Apple/AT&T needs to make it right. So go in and request an exchange, and don't leave until you take it out and see that all is good with it. If it isn't, they owe you another one.

5. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

For what it's worth I've thread two or three posts of people returning their problematic iPhone and reporting success with the replacement.

6. gentlegiantcrai macrumors regular

Sometimes the problem doesn't arise until you have had the phone for a few days.

E.g. not being able to unlock the phone, but able to turn on the screen.