Are all the bugs worked out yet?

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
1,695
3
Clovis, California
I haven't been over here for a long time - been hanging out over on the political board. Anyway, has anyone bought a MB or MBP with without any bugs yet? You know like the mooing noises and the excess thermal paste? :)
 

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
4,116
1
Minitrue
I'd say it is quite safe to get one now, my last Macbook was perfectly fine. Only thing is the C2D update is way overdue at this stage... :rolleyes:
 

Boxer

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2006
108
0
Overland Park Kansas
I have a week 32 MBP. I think its a week 32. Im not exactly sure on how you read the serial numbers. Anyway I purchased it August 20th, and it was BTO so I assume it was made around August 15th. I have had absolutly NO problems whatsoever. knock on wood!!! I am completely happy with the machine. I would recomend it to anyone. And just for peace of mind get Apple care.
 
B

BigMäc

Guest
My MPB just got its third logic board. Still whines. According to Apple it can't be fully fixed. I'll try to get rid of it.
 

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
2,104
5
The only people that prolifically post here are ones with issues that would like assistance to solve them or complain about them. To say the majority of MB and MBP users are having issues is a pretty big exaggeration.

Ed
 

bklam

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2006
111
0
Vancouver, B.C.
Ed H said:
The only people that prolifically post here are ones with issues that would like assistance to solve them or complain about them. To say the majority of MB and MBP users are having issues is a pretty big exaggeration.

Ed

Well said my friend, well said.
 

B

BigMäc

Guest
Ed H said:
The only people that prolifically post here are ones with issues that would like assistance to solve them or complain about them. To say the majority of MB and MBP users are having issues is a pretty big exaggeration.

Ed
I'd bet a whole lot that, if Apple isn't able to fix it, no properly working MBP exists.
Those who don't complain ignore it or are unable to hear it.
 

thebeephaha

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
300
0
Seattle WA
BigMäc said:
I'd bet a whole lot that, if Apple isn't able to fix it, no properly working MBP exists.
Those who don't complain ignore it or are unable to hear it.
Mine whines but since 95% of the time I either have my window open [thus letting in outside noise] or am listening to music, I never notice it nor care, and it doesn't do it when running on the battery so, to me its no big deal, and its NOTHING compared to the noises desktop computers make.

Its not worth sending it back and not having a computer just to fix such a trivial issue as that, my machine works fine.
 

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
3,348
2
Washington, DC
Ed H said:
To say the majority of MB and MBP users are having issues is a pretty big exaggeration.

Ed
I wouldn't call it just a pretty big exaggeration, I'd call that a downright fantasy and a fairytale.

BigMäc said:
I'd bet a whole lot that, if Apple isn't able to fix it, no properly working MBP exists.
Those who don't complain ignore it or are unable to hear it.
And I'd bet a whole lot that, you are delusional. I can guarantee you less than 3% of notebooks exhibit the issue you're complaining about.
 
B

BigMäc

Guest
thebeephaha said:
Mine whines but since 95% of the time I either have my window open [thus letting in outside noise] or am listening to music, I never notice it nor care, and it doesn't do it when running on the battery so, to me its no big deal, and its NOTHING compared to the noises desktop computers make.

Its not worth sending it back and not having a computer just to fix such a trivial issue as that, my machine works fine.
To me, while developing software, lack of distracting noise is pretty valuable. Currently I suppress the noise by having a bluetooth mouse attached and always running on full brightness, which is annoying at night and ruins automatic standby.

It may be acceptable for a sub $1000 NB, but not for one in the premium class.

MovieCutter said:
And I'd bet a whole lot that, you are delusional. I can guarantee you less than 3% of notebooks exhibit the issue you're complaining about.
Since Apple is unable to fix it, it's logical to assume that all units are affected. Probably less than 3% of its owners care about it.
 

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
846
0
Little grey, chilly island.
MovieCutter said:
I wouldn't call it just a pretty big exaggeration, I'd call that a downright fantasy and a fairytale.



And I'd bet a whole lot that, you are delusional. I can guarantee you less than 3% of notebooks exhibit the issue you're complaining about.
Well, I've had TWO replacements, so I think your stats are way out or unresearched.

Both of them had the Random Shut Down by the way which according to Apple themselves is a pretty widespread problem, hence they outright replaced mine.
 

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
2,104
5
Maxiseller said:
Well, I've had TWO replacements, so I think your stats are way out or unresearched.

Both of them had the Random Shut Down by the way which according to Apple themselves is a pretty widespread problem, hence they outright replaced mine.

Yes because YOU represent the majority right? :rolleyes: He isnt understating anything, the problems arent as widespread as people tend to believe/talk about. If you took all the people on this board that have had issues, deducted a few just to weed out the "me toos" and Trolls it still wouldnt be a majority.

Ed
 

direzz

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
278
0
generik said:
I'd say it is quite safe to get one now, my last Macbook was perfectly fine. Only thing is the C2D update is way overdue at this stage... :rolleyes:


core 2 duo macbooks at mac world san fransisco 2007!


:rolleyes:
 

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
846
0
Little grey, chilly island.
Ed H said:
Yes because YOU represent the majority right? :rolleyes: He isnt understating anything, the problems arent as widespread as people tend to believe/talk about. If you took all the people on this board that have had issues, deducted a few just to weed out the "me toos" and Trolls it still wouldnt be a majority.

Ed
No, I don't represent the majority - I never said I did so congrats on that shrewd observation.

What I am saying is the fact that I've had two macbooks with the same identical problem does indicate that there is a problem. Maybe not a majority of units have the issue, but it should certainly be spoken loudly because it is extremely inconvenient to be without a computer while it gets repaired. I myself wasted £50 in petrol and two days work to get mine swapped. I've read hundreds of similar posts and it's time that Apple let us all know where we stand other than a press-illusive "contact AppleCare if you have a problem"

Anyway - those thoughts aside, Apple handled my case with utter high-class service of which I am very grateful.
 

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
2,104
5
Maxiseller said:
What I am saying is the fact that I've had two macbooks with the same identical problem does indicate that there is a problem.
That is no indication that there is a problem, that is an indication that for some reason you ended up with 2 of the 3% or less that suffer from problems. I love when people have issues and then just assume that because they had hard luck that everyone else does too, does it make you feel better to assume such thing?

Ed