Are ANY ATTs getting inventory for walk-ins?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jul 17, 2008.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I mean, are there any? Is this just obsolete now?

2. Wailord macrumors 6502

I was told by two AT&T managers that a shipment was coming in today... I live in Vegas (PDT), so no one's open yet.

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Just call your local att stores in the morning and ask. Wow what an idea.

4. NLeo macrumors newbie

To bad its nearly impossible to call because you gotta leave a message and call back number and it takes them forever to call you back.

5. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

why not just go to Apple store? I think they all still have stock..

6. gts197 macrumors regular

They dont all have stock....

7. mctrees02 macrumors member

That's far from the truth. Only 1 store in Texas out of roughly 15 has any left. They had 8 of the 16gb white this morning.

8. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

I was referring to the 3 NYC stores, since the OP is from NYC...sorry I didnt mean all Apple stores in the USA...

9. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

apple tries to restock every day and their is no reservation method.

If some one wants to ensure they get an iPhone no matter what one is mailed to them in place of being purchased at the store.

Try as often as you can until they have some and maybe try early in the morning.

10. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

On top the the 4-6 hour lines, the fact that I have a FAN it it was tortuous to add it on last time (strangely), and its a mad house there, i'm looking forward to ATT getting some stock

11. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

Then I guess your out of luck...I had a corporate account that I had to cancel in order to buy from APPLE store, I wasnt able to get any discount with the iphone anyway...but I'm not sure how the FAN works...anyway good luck

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Several AT&T stores have walk-in sales available down here

13. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

AT&T down here in Savannah GA wont have any for sale walk-ins, they are taking pre-orders.

14. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

My local AT&T stores (so. california) are saying they're doing direct fulfillment at the moment, walk-ins will have to wait till mid-August or so.

15. sms0217ny macrumors regular

I read here on this forum somewhere that ATT had internal memo's circulating that they currently are only doing DF and not having stock for walk in's till august, there was even talk of ATT coming out with an official press release stating this. All things considered I'd say just do the DF, I played the cat and mouse game for 3 days calling all the ATT stores in NYC (because i'm a corporate customer and can't buy from the apple store), but finally just did DF on wednesday. Look at it this way, assuming ATT gets fresh stock a couple of weeks from now at least you don't have to wait in line to get one, you'll have your iphone of choice waiting for you.

16. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Don't trust the online availability tool it is all but useless, I swung by the Galleria Apple Store in Houston yesterday afternoon while I was there with the GF while she picked up some perfume and there was a line that I jumped in, took 3.5 hours of waiting but I eventually got my white 16gb, they also had the blacks but had sold out of 8gb's.

You're best to either call the stores or just swing by, the online availability tool is worthless.